Thursday, February 14, 2008

ALL THAT GLITTERS.....

After getting away from Sydney at 2pm I finally arrived at my mate Glen's place at 2 minutes to midnight local time, so that's 11 hours driving for the day. Generally it went without a hitch, although I did cop a lot of rain and sat behind a semitrailer for about an hour an half. The coastal highway form Melbourne going norht is full of trucks, especially at night and they don't slow down or move for anyone. Merciless they are! I figured he knows the road better than me and I can just sit back and follow. Considering how hard it was raining and the possibility of collisions I felt it was best to use him as a buffer, if anything will go wrong it'll take him out first and hopefully give me a chance to avoid being hospitalised......again.

After a quick catch up last night and a big sleep in today I have finally had a chance to see the Gold Coast in daylight. Pretty much what I expected, full of badly dressed people who have more money than sense. They like flashy shiny things here.
All the canals make it look like some sort of McDonalds version of Venice, but I'm not here for that, just a chance to catch up with an old mate or two.

I'll be staying overnight and then proceeding on north. Two more full days of driving should see me in Townsville for my mate Steve's 50th birthday and then two days later I should be heading back south through the outback. Assuming everything goes ok, there's a lot of rain here and constant flooding, so we'll see what spanners get thrown in the works.

Current location is:

View Larger Map

Comments:
Comments:
All that driving would kill me... hope the party is worth it!
 
Yeah, it is a lot of driving but once in Townsville I can relax and take my time getting back.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?