Wednesday, February 13, 2008

DAY 2, THINGS AREN'T GOING AS PLANNED....

Ok, so after a delayed start I made the 6-7 hour drive to capital Canberra arriving at 9pm Monday. Didn't leave much time to catch up with my mate Kate but none the less we shared a couple of beers and barbequed suasages at the Fringe Festival.
The next morning I was heading for Sydney a short 3 hour drive.

I have to include the very relevant story about a pair of driving lights I bought for the car prior to leaving for the Tasmanian leg of the trip. I had run out of time to fit them in Melbourne so I took them with me to Tassie and planned to fit them at my mate Scotty's mechanical workshop when doing the oil change and check over. Due to a slightly quirky nature of the headlight wiring in the Subaru and my running out of time I had to abandon the exercise and started packing the lights away. At this point one of them decided to part company with this world and even with my futile attempt to cushion its fall by placing my shoe between it and the concrete floor about to multiply the one piece of glass into many, it shattered. So now I had a pair of lights that were still not fitted or wired up and now one was smashed. I figured I will pick up another lens on the Monday before I leave for Sydney and just fit them at my leisure some time later.
Wrong! Not in stock I was informed, has to come from the supplier. Contact another store, still no luck. A cunning plan was hatching in my little brain, I'll just ring up one of their stores in Sydney and get one from there on my way up north. Apparently they don't have one either so it has to come from the supplier........in Melbourne. Fair enough, just get one in for me. I finally get to Sydney, find the store only to be told that the lens was ordered after the cut off time for overnight deliveries so it won't be in until Wednesday. Normally the delay would be a hassle but I had discovered another problem.

The right front drive shaft CV boot had split and emptied all it's grease all over the engine bay. It's not the delay the bothered me, it was the fact that this was the driveshaft I had replaced just before going on holiday because it was a bit dodgy. POOOOO!!!!! Anyway, the bloke at the shop with the lights made a call to a mechanic down the road to see if he could do the repair for me ASAP, and so here I am bloggin instead of driving the 900kms to the Gold coast near Brisbane, whilst Yousef fixes my car. All going well I'm hoping to be back on the road by noon.

Current location is here:
View Larger Map
A weird place with bogans, old ethnics, Indian fashion shops, more than enough sex shops for the area. The sooner I get out the better.
Here's hoping the rest of the trip will be more relaxing.



.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?