Thursday, March 27, 2008

EASTER AND NEW BEGINNINGS....

Easter break was spent with some mates at Little Desert National Park. A nice little area which is not strictly a desert but desert like environment. Spent a little time going off road in Eleanor, mainly through very sandy tracks which required lowering of tyre pressures to about 23p.s.i. and a lot of low range low gear crawling. Got slightly bogged in the sand once an also got a teeny weeny puncture in the side wall from one of those desert plants that are as hard as nails. About the size of a pin it was, but enough to flatten the tyre overnight. The last night we had dinner and eventually retired to our individual tents as a lighting storm came raining in from the north west. Made for a cosy little evening.
Things are progressing well on the recovery front.
I am about to start full time back at work for the first time in 2 years.
There is still some more effort to be put in until I will be satisfied with the level of my recovery. I am about to join a gym in order to carry on some strength training, mainly in the legs region. In a few weeks I will be discharged fully from the return to work as well the rehabilitation programs and will hopefully look at finalising the legal side of things as I have finally been declared medically stable. I do experience a lot of pain at work, mainly from by back, right hip and that metal pinged nerve in my arse, basically I have to stop working a lot and stretch or walk around abit. That means that there is no more work the doctors can do on me to repair the damage caused. There will be one more operation later in the year, but that is some plastic surgery to reduce the size of the scarring on my right leg, which I'm hoping will also reduce the amount of swelling occurring there. I have to wait till at least May to speak to the plastic surgeon about that one and get her expert opinion on whether that will be worth doing or not, and of so how long it will take.
In the mean time I am happy enough to keep working at my job and keep learning more about photography.
I've just entered another portrait competition with some of the film photos from the outback trip. I feel I have a lot to learn yet, but am happy with the fact that there are now some photos which I would be willing to exhibit. I'll keep snapping and hopefully later in the year put on an exhibition. A talk with a pro photographer will help me crystalise my thoughts regarding directions I'd like to take my camera work and I'm also working on that at the moment.
This is what the start of my third year post smash looks like, let's see how it unfolds.


.

Comments:
Comments:
WOW! It's ben quite the adventures. So, what caused you to take this big exploration, anyway? Last oppotunity before having to go back to work full time or something? I'm full of admiration.
 
Yes, lets! I love your photos.
I don't love your scar tissue though. It makes you less comfortable and should be relegated to the past as soon as possible.
As for your uncomfortable bionic reinforcement... I dunno. Take more pics!
 
KK - You know the usual rethinking of directions in life and the like. As well as an opportunity to spend time alone to think about them in an unrushed manner. Plus why not?!

SafeT - Thanks mate, plan to take more pics and am doing more nad more, just that most of it is on film now not digital, curse my anachronistic bent.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?