Saturday, November 29, 2008

ONE LAST NIGHT...........

This being my last night as a single man I felt compelled to write something about it.
Our wedding plans have come to fruition and with some much needed help tomorrow at 3:30 I will be officially ending my single status and beginning a new life as a an expectant husband.
Sounds kind of weird when I put it like that, but that is the sum of it.

Had my bucks night last night and it didn't really turn out the way it was planned. We were going to race go karts and then hit the booze at various inner northern Melbourne locales, but due to some rather inclement weather the karting place cancelled on us, even though we thought they rain had stopped and were still keen to race. So instead we went on a boozy bender at the aforementioned locales, the last of which was a pretty dodgy place called the Croxton Park Hotel. This classy establishement runs over 28's singles nights every Friday and it was about 2 in the morning when we set foot in the place. Over 28's night sounds like it would attract some desperate people and by the time we arrived, there were only the really desperate ones that hadn't picked up but were still optimistically cutting the rug with some delusional expectation that by prolonging the agony they will end up in someones arms or loins that night.
By this point I'd had more than my fair share of beer, a goat pie + salad and some late night kebab whose contents I can't remember but which my stomach and arse kept reminding me of for the rest of Saturday.
Pissy dancing with the remaining 4 mates of my bucks crew took on a whole new face. I think we injected a bit of life into the stale dance floor and I can vaguely remember deliberately trying to dance with some of the blokes who were attempting to get a foot in with the girls but who clearly had no chance and were probably wondering why this pissed dude is trying to hit on them.
After a while we couldn't stand it any longer and just had to leave the seedy joint.

Today I have nursed a thumper of a hangover, met up with the best man, his wife an 6 month old bub, had a luverly meal on Lygon Street and now am about to sleep one last night as a single man.

Tomorrow is the start of a whole new chapter......

Comments:
Comments:
Although Geezer and I aren't married yet, our official status is "defacto." But I was quite annoyed when the commonwealth referred to him as my husband and put Mrs on my credit card.

Have a wonderful wedding and my congratulations to you and the lovely bride! xox
 
A very big congratulations to you and the snorkelmaiden. Woohoo!
 
Congratualtions! Hope you had a wonderful day.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?