Saturday, June 12, 2010

OUTBACK TRAVELS AND SOME......

As of 3 weeks ago I am a domestic manager.
That's right. Stay at home dad.
Snorkmaiden has gone back to work at the coal face and as we weren't able to get any childcare so I am at home hanging with the little feller.
Apart from looking after him and trying to finish off my folio for school, we have been busily fixing up our place to sell so we can buy something a little bigger for the future.

For my folio I had to shoot 2 sections: people based and and open theme.
For the 1st section I shot some friends and their family at home and the second was shot on our outback trip.
What a trip it was too!!! Travelling with a 9 month old and camping was an exercise in organisation, patience and luck. We got flooded in at one point on a cattle station in the Flinders Ranges after 85mm of rain fell from midnight till sun up causing the dry creek bed we drove up the day before into a 6 foot deep 100f foot wide white capped torrent that was threatening to flood our campsite.

All in all we had a great trip covering about 6000 km including a 4wd trek at Willow Springs which was 60 km and took 6 hours to complete, most of which Tom slept through.

Here is a small selection of pics from that trip that I submitted for my folio assignment:

















.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Comments:
Love the photos - amazing colours and scenes.
 
My God, Zuba. The pics are so amazing. I also can't believe you camped with a 9 month old. That deserves a medal.

I was just thinking about you yesterday. My hubby purchased a motorcycle this past weekend. Hopefully he will "play well in traffic."

1989 Honda 1100. It's a big bike.
 
Wow, those are some fantastic photos!
 
*sigh* wish I'd seen them earlier. Your photos always made me hop up and down.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?