Saturday, July 01, 2006

SMITO VERSUS TINEA - 1 NIL

Wow! What an unusual couple of days it's been!

Not every day you get tinea!

Yep, as if all the broken bones, defective wounds, infections, errant cross bolts trying to tear apart my knee ligaments, hospital food supplemented by a cocktail of pills and tablets, having my bum wiped by strangers, being washed by strangers, crazy stuttering yorkshire man sharing his bowel achievements, being stabbed repeatedly in the stomach with syringes on a daily basis, giving birth to school buses, having my dignity surgically removed and being parked up within line of sight of a pub whilst bed bound weren't enough!
I get freakin' tinea!
I've never had it before in my life and was as surprised as Lance Armstrong finding out the hard way that a fan had swiped his bike seat when I questioned one of the nurses as to my suddenly transformed feet.

For those not in the know, tinea is some sort of fungal infection, which amongst other things can be brought on after courses of antibiotics ( more of those coloured pills I'm on ) and starts around the toes area as a red, pimply rash looking ...........rash thingy!
So the good doctor prescribes some "Smito", Death To Tinea And All Its Descendants!!! cream and I quitely in my disgruntled state proceed to apply the daily treatment.
Actually there's no such thing as Smito cream, but I reckon they'd sell heaps of it if they used that name instead of Clonea, I mean what self respecting antifungal skin cream goes by the name of Clonea?

Its only saving grace is that it contains benzyl alcohol which sounds rather interesting.
So you could always just gobble it down, get drunk and forget about your tinea for a while. Don't know what the benzyl bit does, so I do not in any way endorse ingesting this crappily named product. And if anyone is daft enough to eat it, well more fool you and drop us a line and let me know if it's any good.

Anyway, I think it's working.

There, got that of my chest. ahhhhhh

Oh, and another thing, I think my right bicep is broken.
I thought that it had wasted away due to lack of activity when I had the cast and traction splint device on.
After weeks of arm curls it's increase in size and strength is phenomenal!
It's grown about as much as George Bush's popularity rating.
The bludging little useless piece of meat has done absolutely nothing!
Like the council worker leaning on a shovel, it's letting everyone around it do all the work.
So I queried this with one of the physios today and it seems that the numb patch of skin from my right wrist to my underarm is a bit more than just that.
It appears that the nerve to my bicep is out of order.
What all this means won't be determined until I can have a chat with the doctors next week.

Incidently and thankfully, the numb patch on the top of my right butt cheek is not extended to any other nervers around that area, as my arse is working well enough.


On a brighter note, I was paid a visit by my mum and Barbara, whom I consider a bit of an outlaw ( as in my sister's man's mum ).
They came bearing pierogi and hedgehogs and cheer me ups biscuits, which had cute little hundreds and thousands as hair and smarties for eyes, etc. ( thanks heaps )

In fer a visit also were Wolfy and Kim, a couple of fantastic Taswegians who've come up from the island for a weekend getaway.
They came bearing Cacade Red, ( thank you very much guys! ) and promptly took me away to the pub.
It was a nice arvo spent there with Gino, Kelly and Mandy and later joined by that irrepresible, politically enraged, motorcycling evangelist Dabbsy.
Much talk over numerous beers about the past, present and future goings on was had and before we knew it, it had to end.

Alas, back to my cell atop the tower overlooking greater Richmond.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?