Monday, September 18, 2006

THE CRAZY WITHOUT AND THE CRAZY WITHIN

Two things to post today.


1) We had a little incident here on the "One Flew Over A Cuckoo's Nest" ward last night.
The cute little demented Italian who spends most of his time saluting, blessing and forgetting turned on one of the young nurses last night.
I was in my old shitty room talking to a feller who's staying there, when we heard some screaming.
At first we thought it was the cute little demented Italian's crazy daughter, as she had been particularly vocal last night.
All of a sudden we both looked at each other with a sense of dread as the screams weren't the usual annoying mad rantings, but the cries of panicked distress of the nurse we spoke to only minutes earlier.
We both rushed in to the room from which the screams were emenating to find the cute little demented Italian having overpowered the nurse.
He had her on the bed, one hand pulling her hair and the other on her throat.
The feller with me got to him first and managed to pull him off her, shortly afterwards the other nurse ran in and helped her colleague out of the room.
Afterwards I tried to keep the little crazy beastie, who by that stage had snapped again and was now wondering around turning switches on and off and opening and closing the door to the bathroom, from leaving the room.
It's not easy to stop someone trying to leave a room when you're in a wheelchair and I was grateful when a third patient arrived to help me.
The crazy beastie started panicking and yelling at the top of his voice, no words just yelling.
Shortly afterwards the security arrived and took over.

So now I know what my sister's man Glenn and my broken skiing leg friend have to deal with, being that they're psychiatric nurses.


2) It's my 6 month anniversary today since the rapacious semitrailer affair.
And I'm still in the bloody hospital, going crazy.
On the bright side I got a sketch from MissLeo today of me surfing on a stingray.
Check it here


.

Comments:
Comments:
holy jaysus, sounds bloody scary. who'd be a nurse eh?
he sounds pretty disturbed really.
but if he's actually demented, there's not much you can do to improve his mental situation, sadly.

six months eh chris. feck. thoughts & prayers are with you bro xxx
 
oh dear, i just clicked back here and you'll never guess what the word verification is...

myhip

ha!
 
me thinks he's not demented but a seasoned woman basher to be quite honest, at least he's leaving tomorrow!!!

myhip? that's some sort of sick blogger joke eh.
pretty weird
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?