Thursday, November 23, 2006

LUCK AND QUANTUM PHYSICS...........

I have recently realised how lucky I am, again.
My mate Rob G., who busted his leg skiing, recently telephoned me from triage.
Thankfully he wasn't in there for another physical ailment, he was actually working in the psych. hospital.
His surgical / orthopaedic experience has been rather unfortunate as he's got a staph infection.
That's right, one little operation and bang! Have some staph, thank you very much!
Although his particular case isn't as bad as some I'd heard about, it's still rather annoying I would imagine.
I remember being told of a cat at Epworth, who'd gotten a staph infection and it had got under the metal plate in one of his legs.
As a result he had to have to plate removed, the infection cleaned up and afterwards, another plate inserted in its place.
Rob's infection may not be as bad, but he is on antibiotics until August next year.
That's almost a year, and of course no drinkies for him in that period.
So that's Christmas, new year's, Easter and all that jazz, with no celebratory alcoholic beverages to ply his liver with.
Hmmmmm. Poor bastard.....
All that after one operation.
How lucky am I considering I've had ten of them so far and have managed to avoid the dreaded staph.

However, my luck did run a bit short today.
After travelling halfway across Melbourne to see the surgeon who finally bolted my pelvis into a semblance of it's former self, I had to wait over an hour for a bloody taxi to pick me up!
Three phone calls it took! Seriously!!!
Sitting on the reception's barely comfortable seats for that long played havoc with my tolerance of pain and eventually I succumbed to the pressure and paid a visit to the hospital's pharmacy to purchase some badly needed painkillers.
I tell you what though, these taxi companies are really something.
I wonder if the scientific community is aware of their achievements in the quantum physics field.
All this time, gifted scientists all around the world are trying to crack the secrets of space, time, etc and the taxi companies have been harbouring this knowledge all along!
The taxi company amazed me with their ability to instantaneously transport me from the hospital, to home and back to the hospital again.
And not just once, but twice within the space of one hour!
That is what the dispatcher claimed anyway, supposedly I had already been picked up.
Obviously, that's why I was standing next to the receptionist as she made the call again.
And again.
Form this I can deduct that I have to thank the taxi company because for the price of a single fare they actually transported me from the hospital, home, back to hospital, back home, back to hospital and back home again.
Now that's value for money!!!!!
The other mob that should be grateful is the scientific community, for without taxi companies it would still be attempting to prove and disprove various theories on the space time continuum.

A Nobel science prize for the cab companies please!!!!!


.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?