Friday, February 02, 2007

MONKEY BUSINESS.............

Started trying to walk with one crutch today.
It wasn't quite as antelope like as the first time I tried to stand up, but one the less it wasn't exactly what one would describe as elegant or graceful.
A new pain associated with my foray into ambulatory attempts has reared its ugly head in my right knee, but I guess that's expected when it's been out of action for so long.
That's going to take some getting used to.
This pain business is a strange thing.
One would assume that given time ( of which I've had plenty ) it would gradually dissipate and leave me alone, not just redistribute itself and manifest in other areas of the body.
As soon as the sharp pain in the groin went away, the one in the knee started up!


I know I finished the B.D.O. bloggy thingy, but I just wanted to add one more thing.
Why is it that 45,000 people can all wander around in completely random directions and at varying speeds yet somehow they manage to avoid colliding with each other?
Even when they're squeezed into confined areas and unable to move they don't start belting each other, shaking fists and gobbing off obscene vitriol at each other.
Yet when you put the same people in cars, give them designated travel pathways, light controlled intersections to moderate directional flow, they somehow they turn into brain dead, impatient psychopaths, who can't help but collide with each other or even worse, stationary objects!
Go figure........


Went to see a couple of mate's from Tassie play the Ding Dong lounge on Wednesday.
They're in band called
The Great Apes and if you're into psychedelic pop / rock then you should go and see them presenting their big red bloated arses, I mean unique brand of imaginative and well presented ( whoops, there I go again ) musical fare at a venue near you.
I was quite pleasantly surprised by the variety, dynamics and musicianship of this shrewdness of apes ( check it out, that's the actual collective noun for apes! who would've thunk it?)
It was good to catch up with Will and Duds and finally sample their harmonious wares.
There were 2 guitars, bass, drums, keyboard, electronic effects and much instrument swapping going on.
Made me wish I'd brought some mushrooms with me.


The Great Apes


Will letting it all hang out on guitar.


Duds giving the Rickenbacker a good fingering.


.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?