Sunday, August 05, 2007

I'M NOT DEAD YOU KNOW! JUST A LITTLE ILL....

I have been really slack ( electronically ) lately, I think I may have overloaded my online fuse.
No blog posting or reading, no photo uploads to DeviantArt, not even any browsing for ridiculous interweb stuff, even email has taken a backseat of late.
If I've been missing from your comments or sitemeter then you know why, I'll be back very soon.
I haven't even been editing photos, although I haven't stopped taking them.
About the only thing I have been checking for is secondhand Hasselblad cameras on ebay.
A couple have slipped out of my grasp due to my my being a complete noob in regards to ebay, which pissed me off no end as they were both bargains.
I've been a bit crook lately and work and physio have been taking their toll as well, but that's still not an excuse I feel.


Anyways, the psych sessions have been interesting in the sense that I had no idea what to expect from them and am now finding that a course has been set from which I don't feel I can stray.
Where it'll take me I don't know, but then again in the the true spirit of Moomins M.C. I really don't care, we'll just see in time.


A week ago I had organised what I would refer to as a cripple convention.
David had just had surgery on his remaining arm and I wanted to visit him as we hadn't seen each other for a while.
At the same time I thought it would be a good chance for Al to meet David and have a chat about what it's like losing an arm and how to cope with everyday challenges.
Seeing as Mark lived just around the corner I picked him up as well and we had ourselves a wee little 'cripple convention'.
David rolled out his fancy pants 'Luke Skywalker' artificial arm for Al to check out.
It's a pretty wild unit with interchangeable claw and hand, the claw able to inflict some serious pain when closed around your finger, and the hand does this great thing where it starts rotating and then just goes round and around in a most unnatural way.
He is still getting to terms with controlling it, but these things take time.

Mark, myself, David and Al.
( note: that's David's artificial hand in my right hand )


During this week I had to attend a scar sighting / photography session at the TAC ( the mob responsible for funding my reconstruction ).
We'd pretty much photographed all of the scars and as I sat there trying to think if we'd missed any the photographer asks: "Anything on your face or head?"
You what!?
My reply was: "Just what are you getting at?"
I don't think I'm sporting any recent facial reconstruction as a result of the smash, but if anyone out there thinks otherwise then please let me know.


That's all for now, back soon.


P.S. Thanks for all the links and help with my Lost addiction.
Luckily for me, my good mate Michelle has sent me a copy on DVD from interstate.
Big hugs Michelle, I owe you one mate.


.

Comments:
Comments:
I can't see the artificial arm but I like the fruit basket.
 
Hahahah funny Gorilla Bananas!

The artificial hand is quite real looking. I'd love to see it going around and around. One could really freak some kids out with it. My late uncle had a glass eye (supposedly!) and a missing pinky in which he (also supposedly) had made into a key chain for all to view. That's my kind of guy.

So sorry about your computer slackness!
 
GB - I mean this in the most caring way possible, but I'm not suprised at your fondness for the fruit basket.

Karen - Yeah the hand is fairly lifelike, you'd do well to pick it after a few drinks, unless it started doing the exorcist thing.

Will attempt to be more regular electronically. Is there a form of online bran I can consume?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?